Cycling Batutumonga On The Cloud
Enjoying the beauty of Toraja by cycling, of course you’ll get different experience. You will feel close to nature, friendly people, the crowds of children playing or even directly greeting Tedong Bonga which costs hundreds of millions.
In Toraja, your bicycle can be stop by at anywhere you like, the people would love to ensure a warm welcome to your visit. Be careful not to chat too long, because it is common in Toraja, if you are a guest, you won't wait long, a cup of coffee will be served for free immediately. If it's like this, you will arrive late at the finish. Fun right? We look forward to welcome you in Toraja.
- You will be picked up at the hotel by our guide to the starting point.
- You will cycle for 35 km (cycling level is easy and suitable for beginners), and the vehicle will follow your journey, as our safety procedure.
- You will cycle through the village and rice fields, as well as the people’s coffee gardens.
- We invite you to enter the coffee plantation of the Japanese company ‘Toarco Jaya’, which is a role model plantation for the local people.
- If you cycle on Saturday, you can visit the Bamboo Market Day To’kumila.
- Passing Lo’ko ‘Mata, where large stones are sculpted into holes, for graves.
- After that you will enter the highest area of Batutomonga, a beautiful stretched panoramic. Also visible is the city of Rantepao and karst cliffs.
- You can take a break or have lunch with a stunning view of the rice fields.
- Passing through several rural areas filled with traditional Toraja houses and traditional rice barns.
- From there, the bike route descends to the megalithic site of Kalimbuang Bori, and many other fascinating spots.
- Finally, you will pass a beautiful and wide expansive of rice fields.
- Return to hotel.
- Shuttle vehicle
- Merida MTB bikes
- Clean helmet
- Coffee/ Tea/ Mineral water as much as you can
- Emergency vehicle
- First aid
- Guide assistant
Exclude : Tips
Batutumonga on the clouds
Minimum participants: 4 persons
Distance: 35 km (5 – 6 hours)
Terrain conditions: Slightly incline, way down and flat